The chaplain at our school also teaches a course on Character Education.
He would like to develop a reading assignment and project for students
in grades 8-12 based on various character traits/goals.

He was delighted that some of my wonderful LM_NETters might be able to
suggest appropriate titles for inclusion in the various categories.
He's looking for books that relate to the following character
traits/goals:

FAITH (Spiritual Growth)
MORAL COURAGE (Courage)

RESPONSIBILITY

RESPECT

COMPASSION (Kindness)

INTEGRITY (Honesty)

GOOD JUDGMENT (Wisdom)

Self-Discipline

Perseverance

Fairness

Citizenship

Thanks in advance for all your wonderful suggestions!

Sharon Knowles

Librarian

Saint Edward's School

Vero Beach, FL

sknowles@steds.org

At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that
threshold, that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives
forever, for the better. ~~Barack Obama

Research shows the highest achieving students attend schools with good
library media centers.   Keith Curry Lance