Dear LM_Netters:

Are you going to NECC?  The ISTE SIGMS is sponsoring two events for which
you must pre-register – the SIGMS Breakfast and the SIGMS Forum.   Both
events are free of charge and have limited seating.  Registration numbers
have been good so far.  If you would like to attend these events, please
consider registering today.  Here is more information:

*SIGMS Breakfast – Tues, June 30, 6:30 am – 8:00 am**
Washington DC Convention Center, Room 202*
You are invited to join your colleagues for the second annual SIGMS
breakfast. Our guest speaker will be Bernanjean Porter, a nationally known
speaker on technology issues of interest to school librarians. Bernajean
will speak on “The Role of Digital Storytelling for Learning Across the
Curriculum”. We will look at student examples of digital storytelling and
how it can be used effectively to promote learning in various subject areas.
Free of charge. Register at
www.proquestk12.com/go/sigms<https://cpsmail.cps.k12.il.us/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.proquestk12.com/go/sigms>.
Sponsored by ProQuest and Library Media Connection magazine.

*SIGMS Forum – Tues, June 30, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm**
Washington DC Convention Center*
Make plans to attend the SIGMS Forum “The School Library 2.0 and Beyond”.
This giant “think-a-thon” will focus on how Web 2.0 technologies can
transform the school library. Moderated by Marlene Woo-Lun, we will be led
in discussion by expert panelists David Loertscher, Christopher Harris,
MaryFriend Shepard, and Sara Kelly Johns. Free of charge. Seating is
limited. Register through the ISTE NECC website.
Thanks,

 *Lisa Perez, Area Library Coordinator & Professional Librarian*
Medill Professional Development & Training Ctr.
Chicago Public Schools Department of Libraries & Information Services
1326 W. 14th Place, Rm 218
Chicago, Illinois  60608
773-553-6212
773-553-6211 fax