Hello All,

I have a request from a Mom here for a book that she remembers from her childhood
and I have no ideas for her.  She just saw "Where the wild things are" and it
sparked her memory. Here is what she said:

"I just saw Where the Wild Things Are and it reminded me of a book I read as a kid
and I can't for the life of me remember the title! All I remember is a boy looking
up at the moon at night. At one point, the moon came down to earth as a round disk
and I
remember the kid riding the moon like a raft down a stream or something like that.
I believe the kid may have had black hair. The pictures were either Maurice
Sendak-like or the book MAY have been by him. Not sure."

She is in her mid-late thirties (I am guessing) if that helps with what the book
may be.

Thanks!

Michelle Marino

Children's Librarian