Tell teachers to use delicious.com to save their bookmarks and favorites
from their computers...

Use igoogle docs to save all of their documents.  If you need more
storage space, use box.net with 1 GB of free storage to help facilitate
(there are other online storage places as well, but this is one I use.
ie slideshare.net for all your ppts, teachertube for all your wmvs,
itunes for all your mp3s, etc...)
use gmail as a way to save your outlook contacts:
instructions online -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011489021033.aspx

Everything is free : )
Hope this helps!!

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
Justin, Texas
nbates@nisdtx.org
817-215-0203

>>> Anne Timbs <timbsa@K12TN.NET> 11/3/2009 10:31 AM >>>
Our teachers are all getting new desktop computers.  After 8 years it
is
about time! Many of them are asking me the best way to transfer items
from
their old to new computers.  I know there has to be a way to transfer
Outlook address books and Internet Favorites, but I don't know what it
is.
As far as documents go I assume the best way is to just put them on a
flashdrive. Our tech people should be transferring software for them,
but
I'm going to have to go back and install some of it for them.

Anne M. Timbs

Roan Creek Elementary Librarian

Johnson County, TN

timbsa@k12tn.net

www.rce.k12tn.net

www.thesmarterclassroom.blogspot.com

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

* EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm ( http://lm/
)-net.info/join.html
* LM_NET Supporters: