I know there has already been a hit post on my question, but I have
received a few more responses and would like to share them in case some
others might be interested.

I personally have been fascinated with Amelia Earhart witch started when
I first learned about her probably in my fourth grade history class.  I
went to see "Amelia" this weekend and was not disappointed at all.  The
movie was done well.  For some reason, throughout the movie, my eyes
kept on focusing on her watch (I suppose I now have another
fascination).

That is interesting about the watch..  I am from Atchison, KS,
birthplace of Amelia Earhart.  You should come for the Amelia
celebration every July.

http://www.ameliaearhartmuseum.org/

Lou Foudray is the curator of the museum.

***Anne Birney, who is not from Atchison, but has been here many times,
is a first person historic performer who portrays Amelia.  She is
extremely knowledgable.

ridehist@satelephone.com   her website is
http://www.rideintohistory.com <http://www.rideintohistory.com/>

Hope this helps and let me know what you find out.

Courtney Laurie

Courtney M. Laurie

MH-MA High School

1000 Green Strett

Atchison, KS  66002

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"  Gandhi

I don't know about a picture, but one site says she was wearing a
Seagrave watch at the time of the disappearance.

Most people on a watch forum think it is either a Longine's Weems or
Hour Angle.  It is generally agreed that it is a quartz version, so it
is a modern watch that is available and not an overly expensive brand.
I collect old watches and check watch forums often.

Carl Seale semi-retired
cbseale@sbcglobal.net
http://www.antiquesnthings.net

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I
know."  Abraham Lincoln

Mary Beth Roche, MIS

 Library Director

Allied Medical & Technical Institute

517 Ash Street

Scranton, PA 18509

570-558-1818 Ext. 1927

Fax 570-342-4537

MRoche@edaff.com

"Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization."

~Amelia Earhart