1 c chopped apple

1 c chopped walnuts

1/2 c raisins

1/4 c Gran Marnier

juice of 1/2 orange

juice of 1/2 lemon

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Combine sugar and water in large saucepan and bring to boil.  Add
cranberries and return to boil, then lower heat so the liquid simmers.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 15 minutes.  Remove from heat and let
cool.  Makes 4-5 cups. Note: a great sweet compote type sauce.

Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish

2 cups raw cranberries

1 small onion

1/2 c sugar

3/4 c sour cream

2 tablespoons horseradish

Mix ingredients and freeze.  On Thanksgiving morning, move the mixture
to the refrigerator to thaw.  Makes 1 1/2 pints.

Note: sounds strange ,but I've made this the past several years and it
is VERY good.  Also very good with the ham my B-I-L prefers on T-day.
LOL

Cranberry relish (from Alaska Kenneth)

1 c cranberries (fresh or frozen)

2 cups fresh diced pineapple

1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves

2 seeded and diced jalapenos (I only use one)

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1/8 teaspoon salt

In processor pulse berries to finely chop.  Mix with remaining
ingredients.

Refrigerate 1/2 hour or up to 4 hours.

Note:  A very different relish (but good), one for those who like hot
things.  Also good with other meats like ham.

Elizabeth Varley, Librarian

Wilmington Montessori School

Infant/Toddler through Sixth Grade

elizabeth_varley@wmsde.org <mailto:elizabeth_varley@wmsde.org>

www.wmsde.org <http://www.wmsde.org/>

1400 Harvey Road

Wilmington, Delaware 19810

"Establishing a lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can
do is keep us out of war."

     -Maria Montessori