From: Mary E. Buttner <mary.buttner@LIVE.LONGWOOD.EDU>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: Wed, November 25, 2009 12:57:40 PM
Subject: Target: Checkout of Reference books

I was curious as to the policy in other media centers regarding the use of
reference books.  Our students cannot take reference books out of the library into
classrooms for use and definitely cannot check them out to take home.  There are
students who do not have access to computers at home let alone encyclopedias or
dictionaries.  Some of these students do not have transportation to public
libraries to use these resources outside of school.  I would like to know what
other libraries' policies are regarding this issue.  thanks!

Beth Buttner
Student Librarian
Matoaka Elementary
Williamsburg, VA