From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Kaun
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:30 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: Odyssey stumper

Hi, Jody.
I've tried for years to get the Fitzgerald translation in audio book format
but as far as I can tell it doesn't exist.
The Fagles version is available as an audio book.
Students often ask for an audio book which doesn't in fact exist, e.g. there
is no commercial version of Catcher in the Rye because Salinger has never
authorized it's being recorded. It is available from Recordings for the
Blind and Dyslexic, etc., but those are not authorized for use by anyone who
is not physically handicapped.
Tom Kaun

Thomas T. Kaun
Teacher Librarian