If you are looking for resources to share with your high school students
(and their parents) about how to best prepare for college, where to find
financial assistance, or even what to bring during your first year, you
might be interested in the College Prep 101 website:
http://www.collegeprep101.com/  and the sister site College Answer Guy
http://www.collegeanswerguy.com/ .  I actually used this website with
several students a few years ago and it wasn't until I came to OSU that I
realized that the author was one of my "best library customers" (a faculty
member who teaches here---his name is Lance Millis) --- so now, I'm learning
some great resources for grants, financial aid, etc., whenever he visits.

The College Prep 101 website contains free resource links to a large number
of questions that, as a parent, I found quick answers, suggestions, and
ideas to share with my children (two in college now)--- and then I got
excited about it and began sharing it with the students. The College Answer
Guy website also provides a great deal of information, updated articles, and
links.  Lance tells me that he has a new book coming out called, "How To Go
To College Cheaper" (and he's discovered 2.0 tools and plans to offer it as
an e-book format for downloading).  I haven't read this one yet, but I am
anxious to find out how to save some money...it's tough with two in
college!! *grin*

Feel free to share the links with your students, parents, or others who
might be interested in resources for college (or any type of continuing
education!)

Have a great weekend!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian

http://okschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com
http://okschoollibrarians.ning.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get
you through times of no libraries." ~ Library Poster