Hi Rita : )  I wanted to let you and others know that I did post a ppt on how to
use animoto, moviemaker, creativecommons, freesound, and wikimedia on
slideshare.net/mira93.  It isn't comprehensive by any means, but it will take you
through the process.

One slide I didn't put in but is MOST IMPORTANT are the credits!!!  And another
discovery - on creativecommons.org, the attributions have been changed.  To me, it
looks like they want you to post the web address for that particular image.  Click
on the "more information" by the icons....the web address is in the embed code
right behind the word "about"
You may have to change attribution credit from just the name of the imageholder to
the web address, which also contains the imageholder's name.
Just a heads up!!

PS - I have slowed down a LOT...trust me, I have : )

Naomi Bates
Northwest High School Library
Justin, Texas
nbates@nisdtx.org
817-215-0203

>>> Rita Herl <rherl@USD205.COM> 10/16/2009 11:00 AM >>>
Sorry for the delay--I've been busy teaching classes.

This is my original request:  I would like to read instructions about
making booktrailers.  I read
an e-mail from Naomi Bates saying she posted some instructions last
summer. I have searched the archives but can't seem to find them.  Can
anyone help me?

Here is Naomi's instructions:
http://naomibates.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-i-create-digital-booktrailers.html

I also found the following websites useful:

http://www.sblceastconn.org/booktrailers.htm  It has planning templates,
storyboard templates, and a rubric.

Another one is the Broward County Sample Book Trailer Rubric on the
docstoc.com site.  Just google it.

http://www.reading ( http://www.reading/
)-active-and-engaging.wikispaces.com/Book+Trailers+-+Assessment+Rubric.

Now I just have to get creative which is what Naomi says!  I have decided
on my first book to try:  The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong.  I just have
to re-read it and hopefully the creative juices will flow!

BTW:  Naomi:  how DO you find time to do everything you do?

Rita

Rita Herl
Bluestem High School
Leon, KS 67074