Hi Everyone,
 I have always been blessed with shoulder and neck issues, I see a Chiropractor
every other week for the past 4 years or so, but after starting my new job last
year I had some severe issues, so much that I could not raise my GOOD arm. I did
Physical Therapy and got BOTOX in my shoulder (I like to say I have a very youthful
shoulder now haha) and things were getting better at the end of the year, but this
week, as I come into one of my buildings for the first time the feeling is back,
when I bump my arm the shooting nerve pain goes all the way done and I feel a bit
frozen shoulder. This started my first week of school LAST year IN THIS BUILDING,
so I am thinking SOMETHING is throwing me out of wack.

My One problem is that I am 5 foot, and we have a really tall circulation desk, so
I have to move the seat up all the way and dangle my legs, so that could be it. The
desk chair is armless so I'm not sure if it is my computer area that I am just TOO
SHORT FOR (nothing I can really do to fix that *cries*) oooooorrr if it is my
reading corner.

My Reading Corner is me down the bottom with two rows of cushioned "couches" around
me in the classic stage sort of set up, but the rows are straight they do not bend
towards me too much like  I have seen in some other schools. The rows are longer
than high so I have to move right and left a heck of alot to show a page to the
whole group. I also sit in a regular Library Chair for the storytime, nicer than
plastic chairs, it's one of those short heavy wood chairs with a little covering on
the seat, but not something that turns with me.

Towards the end of the year I decided to do less in the story area back there and
more at the tables even with the little ones and the shoulder wasn't acting as
badly, so my thought is this lovely STAGE setting is doing a number on my shoulder
with the twisting around my upper body to show the pictures.

Is there anyone else who has a neck/shoulder injury or issue that could recommend
me seating positions (for me I guess, but maybe I should try to stick the kids more
in the middle of the seating and use the floor more), A BETTER CHAIR IDEA, or
Exercises to do, oooh especially ones I can do with the kids to wake them up, and
pretend I am doing it for their sake and not because I'm a 27 year old with the
back of a 98 year old?

I never had this problem the other two years when I taught in another district (I
had a rocking chair, and my kids were in straight lines on the carpet with dots
which was longer than wide so I had more rows and less twisting), so something in
this situation is messing me up, and it is making me very sore. I would appreciate
any advice you may have about this.

Thank you!

Melissa Chrusch
Elementary Librarian