Here are the responses I got concerning my request for help cataloging a
book with two titles, one read normally and the second by flipping the book
over. I've not made my decision yet, too busy getting ready for the kids
coming back.

Thanks,
Heidi

Send me your ISBN and I will check OCLC for you.  What I do is decide which
side I think will get more use and that is the call number.  But I catalog
both sides of the book.

I have actually seen one MARC record for double sided books before.  I found
an example and pasted it below for you to look at.  If we have two separate
records they are probably separate books, not the double sided ones.  If a
record is for a double sided book there should be some notation indicating
that.  See the 500 field? Does that help answer your question?

Below this one are the separate MARC records for those titles.

LD:     05807nam 22010098a 4500

001:    ocm54536917

003:    OCoLC

005:    20050620193354.0

008:    040419s2004 nyu 000 f eng

010:    $a 2004041575

020:    $a 0446532967

020:    $a 0446614122

040:    $a DLC $c DLC

043:    $a n-us-ma $a n-us-nm

049:    $a WIMA

050:    00 $a PS3561.E3865 $b D68 2004

082:    00 $a 813/.54 $2 22

099:    $a MYSTERY

100:    1 $a Kellerman, Faye.

245:    10 $a Double homicide, Boston ; $b Double homicide, Santa Fe / $c
Faye and Jonathan Kellerman.

246:    18 $a Double homicide

260:    $a New York : $b Warner Books, $c 2004.

300:    $a 147, 143 p. ; $c 24 cm.

500:    $a Two separate stories on inverted pages. Two separate title pages
with the order of the authors names switched. Spine title is Double
homicide.

505:    00 $t In the land of giants -- $t Still life.

650:    0 $a Detective and mystery stories, American.

650:    0 $a Basketball players $x Crimes against $v Fiction.

650:    0 $a Police $z Massachusetts $z Boston $v Fiction.

650:    0 $a Police $z New Mexico $z Santa Fe $v Fiction.

650:    0 $a Art dealers $x Crimes against $v Fiction.

651:    0 $a Santa Fe (N.M.) $v Fiction.

651:    0 $a Boston (Mass.) $v Fiction.

655:    0 $a Detective and mystery stories.

700:    1 $a Kellerman, Jonathan.

740:    02 $a Double homicide, Boston.

740:    02 $a Double homicide, Santa Fe.

Here are both records.

 Help is on the way for : tests / written by Marilyn Berry ; pictures by
Bartholomew.

Berry, Marilyn. Childrens Press.    1985.    47 p

Type Book

Leader 00719nam**2200217ua*4500

008 871202s1985****ilua***j******001*0*engsd

020 __ _a0516032380

040 __ _dWiMaMI

082 14 _a371.2

100 1_ _aBerry, Marilyn.

245 10 _aHelp is on the way for : _btests / _cwritten by Marilyn Berry ;
pictures by Bartholomew.

250 __ _aSchool and library ed.

260 __ _aChicago : _bChildrens Press, _cc1985.

300 __ _a47 p. : _bill. ; _c23 cm.

440 _0 _aSkills on studying

510 0_ _aSchool Library Journal

520 __ _aDiscusses the importance of tests and the correct skills necessary
to be successful in writing a test.

521 0_ _a5.4.

521 2_ _a3-6.

650 _1 _aExaminations.

650 _7 _aExaminations. _2sears

Help is on the way for : library skills / written by Marilyn Berry ;
pictures by Bartholomew. Berry, Marilyn. Childrens Press.    1985.    46 p

Type Book

Leader 00996nam**2200289ua*4500

008 870205s1985****ilua***j******000*0*eng*d

020 __ _a0516032356

040 __ _dWiMaMI

082 04 _a020.7 _220

100 1_ _aBerry, Marilyn.

245 10 _aHelp is on the way for : _blibrary skills / _cwritten by Marilyn
Berry ; pictures by Bartholomew.

250 __ _aSchool and library ed.

260 __ _aChicago : _bChildrens Press, _cc1985.

300 __ _a46 p. : _bill. ; _c23 cm.

490 1_ _aSkills on studying

510 0_ _aSchool Library Journal

520 __ _aDiscusses the skills needed to successfully use the library.

521 0_ _a5.5.

521 2_ _a3-6.

650 _0 _aLibrary orientation _vJuvenile literature.

650 _1 _aLibrary orientation.

650 _7 _aBibliographic instruction _vJuvenile literature. _2sears 650 _7
_aBibliographic instruction. _2sears 650 _0 _aLibrary orientation.

700 0_ _aBartholomew, _eill.

740 0_ _aLibrary skills.
800 1_ _aBerry, Marilyn. _tSkills on studying.

--
Heidi Landskroener
H.Landskroener@gmail.com

Librarian, St. John Lutheran School
South Euclid OH

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
www.marykay.com/hlandskroener

Library Assistant, Cleveland Public Library
www.cpl.org