I am working with Sue Polanka on a book entitled "No Shelf Required: eBooks
in the 21st Century" which examines the various libraries and how they
purchase, catalog, access, and publicize their eBook collections.  My
section of the book includes a list of various eBook providers for K-12
schools.  I have several already listed, but I know that there are some that
I have forgotten (despite the fact that I feel like I've reviewed thousands
of them and should have information listed somewhere).  So I'd like to ask
for your assistance (vendors who are lurking are also encouraged to provide
me with information, too!).

If you are currently subscribing to an eBook (regardless of format---
online, CD format for younger users, stand-alone systems, etc.) could you
send me an email off-list letting me know what publisher / company you are
using, the type of eBook that you're using, and the age group that uses it?
I can provide a list of these resources, if anyone is interested.

Finally, for those who may not have had the chance to complete the eBook
survey that I posted several weeks ago, please feel free to visit the site
and add your thoughts and ideas.  You can access the survey at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xwlQkfWSm3w5Qr_2fcgiXwBQ_3d_3d

If you're interested in reading more about Sue Polanka and her wonderful
thoughts about ebooks and other online resources, check out her blog
entitled, *No Shelf Required*
http://www.libraries.wright.edu/noshelfrequired/   This blog may be of more
interest to high school librarians who want to know what college and
university librarians are doing to address issues in higher education;
however, there are several great articles that describe some of the same
issues faced in K-12 school libraries on her blog.  (It's nice to know we're
in this together, huh?)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and information about eBooks!  I'll be
compiling the list of products, companies, and contact information for the
book--- but I will also share this with the list through a link on the CML's
website and my wiki.

Have a great day!

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian
Mary L. Williams Curriculum Materials Library
001 Willard Hall
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078
http://www.library.okstate.edu/cml/index.htm
http://osulibrarian.wordpress.com/
http://www.osu-cml.wikispaces.com
sbrisco@gmail.com

http://okschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com
http://okschoollibrarians.ning.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get
you through times of no libraries." ~ Library Poster