Hello my LM_NET friends... what will you be doing with you classes next week?

My first graders will hear about  Mo Willems and his four pigeon Books - Don't let
the Pigeon Drive the Bus, The Pigeon finds a Hot Dog, Don't let the Pigeon Stay up
Late, and The Pigeon Wants a Puppy. We will practice drawing him and making speech
bubbles. We will talk about shelf placement.
For our writing we will finish the sentence... If I ran the library......   (got
that idea from Colette!!)

My second graders will hear about National Library Week. We will read The Library
Lion. We will talk  about library rules and library manners. We will talk about
shelf placement. For our writing we will finish the sentence... If I ran the
library......

My third graders will hear One Giant Leap by Robert Burleigh. I met Robert Burleigh
at the Children's Literature Conference in Georgia  a few weeks ago, and have an
autographed copy of this book. I will supplement this with a Youtube of the actual
footage. This date in history is special to me - I was in the hospital having my
tonsils out that day! We will talk about significant dates in history during the
third grader's life(won't be too much there since they were born in 2002 or 2003!!)
And, again, we will talk about shelf placement. And for our writing we will finish
the sentence... If I ran the library......

I love to share ideas. I would love to hear what you are doing next week!!

Have a wonderful weekend!