Blue Goose by Nancy Tafuri.  Three farm birds decide to paint the (black and white)
farm while the farmer is away.  They first paint the barn red and the fence white,
then mix blue and yellow together to make green for the grass and trees.
Emma's Rug by Allen Say. Emma has had a small white rug in her room since she was a
baby.  After looking at it for a time, the little girl is able to draw magnificent
pictures, which win one award after another.  Following a citywide competition, in
which Emma receives first prize, her mother notices the rug and decides that it is
time she finally washed it.  Needless to say, Emma's talent seems to have
disappeared, and she is heartwrenchingly despondent--until she discovers that her
inspiration has not left her.

 “Librarians. . . have

 been my lifelong friends, guides and heroes.”  Joseph
Bruchac
Basya Karp, Librarian
Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls
Brooklyn, New York
basyak10@hotmail.com