My original query:
A teacher and I are collaborating on a Cold War lesson for 11th graders. We are
looking for some great, interactive websites on the following topics: the Vietnam
War, the Korean War, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. If anyone knows of some great
websites that have some type of activity built in, please send them to me. I will
post a hit if there is interest. TIA
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

http://www.americanhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/

http://www.loc.gov/vets/stories/ex-war-womenatwar.html

http://vietnam.vassar.edu/

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/

http://www.jfklibrary.org/

To find some good websites on the topics of the Vietnam War, Korean War, Cuban
Missile Crisis or the Cold War, I went to Infotopia

(http://www.infotopia.info) and typed the following into the search form :

"Vietnam War" OR "Korean War" OR "Cuban Missile Crisis" OR "Cold War" .  I pressed
enter and got a great number of good hits.

Infotopia indexes only websites recommended by librarians, teachers, and
educational and library consortia.  You are invited to link to this student-safe
academic search engine.
One of the most thorough web sites for the Vietnam War era (including the war
protests) is at the archives at Texas Tech University, in Lubbock, Texas. Students
can listen to actual oral interviews by soldiers who fought in that war and view
donated pictures. They also have Triennial Symposiums with CDs that can be
purchased (about $10 or so) of actually symposium presentations.
 In the 2005 Fifth Triennial Vietnam Symposium, of particular interest were two
panels, back to back on Saturday morning where the Vietnam Veterans Against the War
panel refuted the earlier "Swiftboating" group who were active in the 2004
election. CD or DVD copies of both panels are available so students can watch and
listen to each panel with the Q&As that follow each presentation. (The Q&As are
particularly interesting because questions from the audience and replies are
shown.) I attended those two panel presentations and thought how wonderful that
BOTH sides of the 2004 propaganda are recorded for history.
 http://www.vietnam.ttu.edu/
Patricia, I happened to think of another resource. You may have to join one of the
forums (free) and allow students to use your ID & PW specifically created for that
forum, though. People who are accepted into those forums need to have legitimate
reason for participating, i.e. professor, teacher, librarian, independent scholar,
etc. My brother who was in Vietnam and came home to help to organize the Vietnam
Veterans Against the War belongs to the 1960s group. I happen to belong to the
H-Texas History group (I was chairman of our county historical commission).
 All of these "specialty forums" are excellent and moderated. All participants are
SERIOUS about their topics -- no politics or silly contributions. With your
membership in the various forums, you or your students will have access to the
archives and will even be able to ask questions.
 When we were working on our county book, I went to the group with questions about
some of the family histories that we received. For example, one person told how she
worked as a "soda jerk" in a drug store. In her words she was telling that they
could not serve soft drinks to "colored" people in a glass (had to use a paper cup)
during segregation days.
 I didn't know how to handle that because the history was using terminology that
was used back then, but I didn't want to offend current and future blacks who are a
part of our history. I asked the group how was the correct way to handle terms such
as "colored," "black," and "negro" designations. So many of the members are
professors or true scholars that I received very good advice whenever I asked
similar questions. I also learned that referring to Native American warriors as
"braves" is offensive to some with Native American ties.
 http://www.h-net.org/lists/
My goodness! Your question opened up a whole new world to me!!! I was doing some
browsing on that h-net.org site that I sent you and found this! It looks like a
GREAT resource for librarians and teachers. I'm going to spend time there for my
own edification!
 http://teachinghistory.org/issues-and-research/research-briefs/%29

Patt Scanlan
Librarian, Hopewell High School