I recently finished (or almost finished) several novels that I highly recommend.

Gateway by Sharon Shinn

The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry (a first novelist to watch)

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel (I haven't read the sequel yet, but I hope it is as good
as the first.)

Some nonfiction suggestions:

Chill: Stress-Reducing Techniques for a More Balanced, Peaceful You by Deborah Reber

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer

50 Simple Things You Can Do to Save the Earth by John Javna, et. al.

Jane Goodall: a Twentieth-Century Life by Dudipta Berdhan-Quallen

“Librarians. . . have been my lifelong friends, guides and heroes.”  Joseph Bruchac
Basya Karp, Librarian

Shulamith High School and Shulamith School For Girls

Brooklyn, New York

basyak10@hotmail.com