From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Martin Swist
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 7:26 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: MS/HS citation question

Hello,

One of my middle school students introduced me to WolframAlpha <
http://www.wolframalpha.com/> today and asked me how to cite information he
found there.

Looking into the site, I found a generic list of resources used by
http://www.wolframalpha.com/
However, there is a disclaimer stating that the above sources may, or may
not, have been used for your particular search, and that a user must write
to them (template provided) for the bibliography supporting the particular
article.

How do you and your students handle using and citing
http://www.wolframalpha.com/

TIA,

Martin Swist
mswist@asij.ac.jp
Middle School LMS
http://tinyurl.com/yjl7fve
The American School In Japan
1-1-1 Nomizu,  Chofu-shi,  Tokyo
"The heart is a little to the left." (Rev.) William Sloane Coffin

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

11:31:00