Info on how to vote, including a phone number to ALA for tech assistance
or questions:
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/governance/alaelection/index.cfm

Naomi Bates
Northwest HS Library Justin, Texas
TASL chair-elect, Texas Library Association
nbates@nisdtx.org
817-215-0203

>>> Alice Yucht <ayucht@GMAIL.COM> 4/23/2010 10:57 AM >>>
What. Gail. Said.
I'm tired of hearing folks say "yeah but what is ALA doing for US?"
So here's the bottom line: stand up and be counted, or shut up.
VOTE, dagnabit!!
Alice, the calalytic curmudgeon

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Dickinson, Gail K. <GDickins@odu.edu>
wrote:
> I received an email a week or so ago from LAMA, another division who
gets a
> chunk of my pocketbook, urging me to vote in the ALA Election, noting
that
> as of that time, only 16.6% of ALA members had cast their ballot.
>
> I hope that doesn’t hold true for AASL members.  We have an
opportunity with
> the election for ALA president to get a rare opportunity, which is to
have a
> true school librarian as president of our own great and powerful land
of
> Oz.    In the past several years, we have had lots of candidates tell
us how
> much they LOOOOOOOOVE school librarians, which they know because
their
> brother’s wife’s sister’s third cousin’s neighbor was a school
librarian.
> Then once elected, they forget what they never truly knew, which is
why
> school libraries are the future for any type of library.  We bring
the
> children into libraryland.   It’s important.
>
> I, along with many of you, have written patient and not-so-patient
emails
> explaining the blunders and omissions made by those in power who
don’t
> understand school libraries.  Even worse are the times when they
didn’t know
> that they didn’t know.
>
> So this year I did something about it.  I voted for Sara Kelly Johns
for
> President, then I went through the list of people running for ALA
Council

--
Alice Yucht, aka Alice in InfoLand
lifetime Teacher-Librarian, now freelancing as

"We may be service-oriented, but we don't have to be servants."

To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to:
listserv@listserv.syr.edu

* EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm ( http://lm/
)-net.info/join.html
* LM_NET Supporters: