Welcome to this week’s update on
BTFA<https://www.4shared.com/u/vgpvszst/15eb7f4e/Book_Trailers_for_All.html?sId=gCPrsN2sW1nDqflN>
.  (April 26, 2010)  We have been in existence for eight weeks.  There have
been 9,002 trailer downloads from the site, and we have 89 trailers in all.
The group on Teacher
Tube<http://teachertube.com/members/groupHome.php?group_id=booktrailersforall>now
has 1,410 members.
If this is the first time you are hearing about these book trailer sharing
avenues, please view the
“Documents<https://www.4shared.com/dir/32063608/ec5a895/Documents.html>”
folder at BTFA and read the “Getting Started:  Read This First” document.

I would like to once again stress the importance of not only citing all of
your images and music, but also using ONLY copyright-free works or *purchasing
the rights *to use those works.  Since most of us are librarians and
educators, we should all understand how important this is.  There has been
some discussion about whether or not it is OK to use copyrighted music if
you pay for the song.  Copyright is so very confusing to me, but I’m
muddling my way through and learning more each day.  It is my understanding
that in order to use copyrighted music, you must purchase not only the
music, but also the *rights to use it*.  The music that is available in
Animoto has been put there with the understanding that people are going to
use it—so the music at Animoto is fine to use. (Some of it is really quite
good) But, please do not use music that is on a CD or that you have
purchased from iTunes or another download service.  I hope everyone
understands why we must adhere to this.

With images, please be reminded that it is *NOT* sufficient to simply say,
“All Images Part of Creative Commons.”  I had to reject a fantastic trailer
this weekend for that very reason.  For information on using/citing CC
works, please see the document, “Creative Commons and
Copyright<https://www.4shared.com/document/4ZKl1PiA/Creative_Commons_and_Copyright.html>”
in the Documents folder.

*We have added six new trailers to the site this week.   They are:*

Martina the Beautiful Cockroach: A Cuban
Folktale<https://www.4shared.com/account/video/6NgkEPTt/martina.html>,
by Carmen Agra Deedy.  Sangeeta Garg, who is the librarian at Hunter’s Glen
Elementary at Ft. Bend ISD in Missouri City, Texas, created the
trailer.  (Lower
Grade Interest Level)

Dope
Sick,<https://www.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?sId=ciyhouwDYpJwnXDF&startPage=6&id=272252670>by
Walter Dean Myers.
Naomi Bates, who is the librarian at Northwest High School in Justin, Texas,
created the trailer.  (Upper Grade Interest Level)

Dark
Divine<https://www.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?sId=ciyhouwDYpJwnXDF&startPage=6&id=272266271>,
by Bree Despain.  Naomi Bates, who is the librarian at Northwest High School
in Justin, Texas, created the trailer.  (Upper Grade Interest Level)

Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark
Side<https://www.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?sId=ciyhouwDYpJwnXDF&startPage=6&id=272266271>,
by Beth Fantaskey.  Naomi Bates, who is the librarian at Northwest High
School in Justin, Texas, created the trailer.  (Upper Grade Interest Level)

Garden of Eve <https://www.4shared.com/video/S7qZvXyr/garden_of_eve2.html>,
by K.L. Going.  Janelle Briggs, of Dexter, New York, created the trailer.
(Middle Grade Interest) This one is basically the same as the original
Garden of Eve trailer.  Janelle created the first one using Photo Story—the
second one was created using Movie Maker.

Shooting the
Moon<https://www.4shared.com/account/file.jsp?sId=ciyhouwDYpJwnXDF&startPage=6&id=273116808>,
by Frances O’Roark Dowell.  Janelle Briggs, of Dexter, New York created the
trailer.  (Middle Grade Interest Level)

*The top three downloads for the last week were:*

   - *Darkness Under the Water, *by Mary Hahn Downing.  It was created by
   Analine Johnson of Laredo, Texas and was downloaded 64 times this past week
   **
   - *14 Cows for America, *by Carmen Agra Deedy.  It was created by
   Sangeeta Garg of Misouri City, Texas and was downloaded 39 times **
   - *Diary of a Wimpy Kid, *by Jeff Kinney.  It was created by a 5th grader
   in Pettus, Texas and has been downloaded 38 times. **

If you have a trailer to share, the easiest way for me is for you to create
your own username/password for 4shared, upload your trailer, and then send
me the link.  ( I will upload it to Teacher Tube for you) Here are the steps
for doing that:

Directions for Joining 4shared:

   1. Go to https://www.4shared.com
   2. Click on “Sign Up” and follow the steps

Directions for uploading your trailer to 4shared:

   1. Once you are logged in to 4shared, click on “choose file” near the
   bottom of the screen
   2. Navigate to your video file and click on “open”
   3. Click on “Upload”
   4. When it is finished, click “OK” and then “Done”

Directions for Adding a Title and Sharing the Link:

   1. Right click on the video
   2. Click on “edit tags and description”
   3. Click on the “general” tab
   4. Click on “edit title”
   5. Enter title, author, and “trailer created by” with your name and
   location, then click on “ok”
   6. To send me the URL for download, so I can get it into the BTFA
   folders, copy and paste the “download link” to an email and send it to me.

Remember, if you are on FB, feel free to go and “like” the page. (formerly
known as “becoming a fan”) Each time a new trailer is uploaded, it is posted
to the BTFA wall on FB.  If you “like” this page, you will automatically see
the announcement of new trailers on your own wall.

The URL for that is:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Book-Trailers-for-All/334149457794?ref=sgm

There is also an update added to Twitter each time a new trailer is
uploaded. Feel free to follow me to get those updates:
http://twitter.com/texasbookbabe

Have a fantastic week!

~Teresa

--