Again, thank you so much for your help in compliling a list of graphic novels/manga
to purchase next year.  I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Lori Manning
MacArthur High School
Lawton, OK
lorimanning1904@sbcglobal.net

Ouran High School Host club
Peach Girl
Cantarella
Vampire Knight
Bleach
Gravitation
Girl Got Game
Inayashu
Ranma 1/2
Boys Over Flowers
Kare kano
Absolute boyfriend
Deathnote
Mars

Our students love Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Bleach.

I would recommend Rosario Vampire 1-9--we have all these and they frequently
circulate--I believe the seeries goes higher than #9, but it wasn't offered on
Follett when I ordered.

Also, Bleach series and Dragon Knights series.

My students LOVE The Nightmare Inspector, Love.Com, Lucky Star, Bleach, Chibi
Vampire, Vampire Knight, King of Thorn, Case Closed, and High School Debut.
They seem much more willing to read Manga than Graphic Novels, but some GN they do
like are Pride of Bagdad (which was seriously amazing--I highly recommend it),
Maus, Coraline and Blankets.

I was basically building my collection from nothing this year, so money was tight,
but some of the best money I spent was investing in Manga and Graphic novels b/c it
really gets the students into the room consistently--they've been more willing to
ask me for help with their projects and transition to books because of this, so
even on a limited budget, these purchases are so worth it.

think the Maus books by Art Spiegelman are good and I highly recommend American
Born Chinese by Gene Yang which I believe was the first graphic novel to win a
Printz award.

We have a large selection of graphic novels. Ones that circulate well are: Bleach,
Kitchen Princess, The Royal Palace of Goong, Vampire Knight, MeriPuri, and Tokyo
MewMew.

I've found some popular ones to be Chibi Vampire, Vampire Kisses (based on the
series by Ellen Schrieber), Maximum Ride  (based on the series by James Patterson),
and anything with superheroes.  Anything manga is usually very popular.  I also
highly recommend getting Maus I and II by Art Spiegelman, as well as Persepolis I
and II by Marjane Satrapi.
Check out YALSA's lists as well:
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/yalsa/booklistsawards/greatgraphicnovelsforteens/gn.cfm
Hope this helps!

Helsing
Miki Falls
Bleach

Michelle Gorman's getting Graphi is a book with a lot of suggestions for graphic
novels that will fit your needs. There are also Graphic classics, graphic novel
adaptations of classic novels, here's a website http://graphicclassics.com/. Maus
is a wonderful graphic novel series about a holocaust surbvivor, Bone is also good
(maybe a little young for your audience, but it couldn't hurt), Batman : Arkham
Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth: 15th Anniversary Edition
by Grant Morrison I haven't read, but heard is good. Artimas Fowl, Twilight,
Pendragon, and REdwall all have their own graphic novel adaptations you might
consider adding. good luck.

don't know if this will help you, but my middle school students have requested
+Anima and Vampire Knight. They also enjoy the Maximum Ride manga series and the
Runaways by Brian Vaughan. Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi is also popular, as well as
Ultimate Spider-Man.

Bleach, Dragon BallZ, and Prince of Tennis  are popular choices.For some of your
younger student-the graphic/manga versions of Cirque Du Freak, Stormbreaker  and
Maximum Ride might work.