I could not believe it when I read the article linked below. Is this really
happening. I can no imagine the impact on students and education as a whole. Is
there anything we can do to support you?

--------------------
Broward arts, PE teachers are asked to take half pay
--------------------

Cuts to programs including libraries mean jobs will be only 20 hours a week

By Akilah Johnson, Sun Sentinel

April 27 2010, 12:52 PM EDT

FORT LAUDERDALE -- Principals at dozens of Broward County public schools have given
librarians and teachers of art, music and physical education a choice: Take a pay
cut of almost 50 percent, or take your chances waiting for a job to open up at
another school.

The complete article can be viewed at:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/education/fl-broward-teacher-cuts-20100426,0,4108197.story

Visit South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com at http://www.sun-sentinel.com