Our teachers have been told that we have money to spend on materials for
struggling readers.  The principal is "ruminating" on how to handle
these materials.  She wants all the books/audiobooks/videos etc. to go
into the library catalog, no matter if they were requested by me or by
classroom teachers.  We are talking right now about how to manage the
materials.

What do you think would be best?

1.) Have all the materials in our library catalog with a notation as to
which classrooms they are housed?  (I think this will be the teachers'
preferred option.  I am just afraid that they will sit unused for much
of the time, the materials will be lost by students, and we will have to
include them in our inventory, even though we are not responsible for
check-out to students)

2.) Interfile the materials with all the other library materials.
(Perhaps put in local subject(s), so a list can easily be made of any
given teacher/department/grade level's materials)

3. ) Create a separate section in the library for these materials, so
that teachers can easily locate the materials to check out for class
use.  If so - what on earth would I call this section without it being
embarrassing for students to choose books from that section?

4.) Other?

Thanks so much for helping me think through this.  I have received many
useful responses to the last taget I put out on a related topic.  I will
try to combine all responses to both questions into one hit.

Jacquie

"Without a dedicated guide,[students] end up as “feral children of the
Internet raised by the Web 2.0 wolves.” (Professor Henry Jenkins -
http://tinyurl.com/yl6haum)

“Will my child graduate with a 21st century resume, or a 19th century
transcript?” (Forbes Magazine - http://tinyurl.com/yl6haum)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)