We are moving into a new elementary library, and we just discovered that none of
the shelves are adjustable (!).  We took the problem to administrators, architects,
contractors, and cabinet makers.  The upshot is we have a choice now:  they will
tear out the shelves and redo them, making them adjustable OR we can get $10,000 to
buy additional shelving (that we need).  My question to your collective experience
is this:  how important do you think adjustable shelving is?  As you look around
your library, are the shelves different heights; have you moved them up or down?
 We have four libraries here, and two have moved shelves up and down several times,
and two haven't moved them at all over the years. Thank you for helping us with
this decision.

 Donna Steel Cook
Central ISD Library Director
Central High School Librarian
7622 HYW 69 North
Pollok, TX 75969
donnasteelcook@yahoo.com

"Books are the holes in the fences of life." --Peg Kehert