SCHOOL-LIBRARIES.NET: MAY 2010 Report

In April we added an additional twenty-seven libraries to our
database., bringing our total for the year up to 195 libraries.  Of
course we also found new links for dead links and sadly, deleted a
number of libraries for which we could not locate.  We also wish to
thank those who reported dead links, but special thanks go  those who
not only reported dead links but also sent along the new link,  Report
dead links by using our form:\
http://www.corecollections.net/forms/deadlinks/deadlinks.htm
To view the complete list of new libraries added go to
http://www.corecollections.net/SL/new.htm

If your library is not among the hundreds listed on
School-Libraries.Net please consider doing so.  The registration form
can be found at:
http://www.standardcatalogs.com/forms/contact.htm

This month we added another country to our database, Thailand.

Web Sites of the Month

We were blown away by the quality of the new websites this month.  The
nine star websites are stellar.  They each are very different and
illustrate challenging ways to involve students and faculty.
Congratulations to one and all.

St John's Preparatory School, Johannesburg, South Africa, is
experimenting in a number of areas, including eliminating the use of
Dewey.  They explain and give the rational for each new project.
http://www.stjohnscollege.co.za/collegeLibrary.php

Bangkok Patana Library in Thailand has a beautifully designed front
page leading users to a variety of resources.
http://www.patana.ac.th/library/Library_hp.html

North Canyon High School Library Media Center, Phoenix, Arizona boasts
an exemplary blog created by their librarian.

The Big House Library, Petaluma, California uses surveys to involve
students and faculty. http://www.bighouselibrary.com/

Sage Park Middle School Library, Windsor, Connecticut boasts a page
listing resources helping students with assignments in each grade.
http://cmweb.pvschools.net/nchsweb/nchsmediacenterweb/

Duxbury Middle School Library, Duxbury, Massachusetts, website entices
students to read.
http://www.dmslibrary.typepad.com/

Grover Cleveland Middle School Library, Caldwell, New Jersey supports
student learning by providing links to individual teacher assignments,
linking students to a variety of resources.  They also provide for
each Dewey category a list of helpful resources.
http://www.cwcboe.org/20002051592259540/site/default.asp?&2000Nav=|&NodeID=931

Parkrose High School Library,Portland, Oregon website sponsors their
BookCasting Club’s  vodcasts.
http://blogs.parkrose.k12.or.us/hs-library/

--
Raymond W. Barber