Dear wise ones,

I am on a panel presenting at SUNYLA this June at SUNY Brockport. The topic of our
presentation is collaboration between high school librarians and college
librarians. I am representing the librarian who is just getting such a partnership
started. I know my situation, but I was wondering about other people’s
experiences. I have spoken to a few librarians locally, but thought if any of you
had a few extra minutes I have some questions your library programs. Even if you
haven’t been involved with in this sort of collaboration, I could still use any
insight you have.

1.      What kind of research skills do you think a high school senior should leave
high school/arrive in college with?

2.      Do you think that there are enough opportunities for your students to get
these skills before they leave high school?

3.      If you have tried to get such a collaboration going in your program what
challenges have you faced?

Thanks so much in advance for your time. I really would like to get as well rounded
a picture as possible for the presentation. I will post a HIT, if anyone expresses
any interest. Also if any of you are interested in attending the presentation, it
will be on Thursday, June 17th from 10:15 to 11:45am.
Thanks again,

Anne Rehor
7 - 12 Librarian
Bishop Kearney High School | A Golisano Education Partner
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617
585.342.4000 x231
585.342.4694 (fax)