I'm writing to ask if you know of any librarians (they have to be at
least half as good as you) who may be interested in coming here.  I am
assuming there are some among the pink slips and a two year contract may
be appealing.  The salary would be around $50,000 + and it would be tax
free if they stay at least one year.  Once on the international circuit,
librarians are typically in high demand and can be very selective in
where they want to go.

Our library is new.  Our collection has started with 6,000 books and we
will have a student body around 250 next year- mostly younger students
Pre-Kg through grade 10.  There will be one librarian and an aide to man
the library.

Please pass around the invitation and my email to people who you think
would be good.  (of course you are invited too!!!!!!!)

Best wishes,

Mike

Dr. Michael Gemma

Head of School

Bradenton Prep Academy

Dubai Sports City

United Arab Emirates

+971-4-449-3601

mgemma@bradentonprep.org

Beth Malapanes, MLS

Librarian

Canyon del Oro High School

25 W. Calle Concordia

Oro Valley, Arizona 85704

Phone: 520-696-5711

Fax: 520-696-5737

Email: bmalapan@amphi.com

Website: http://www.amphi.com/schools/cdo/library

"And so the moment we persuade a child, any child, to cross that
threshold into a library, we've changed their lives forever, and for the
better. This is an enormous force for good." Barack Obama, President of
the United States of America

"Libraries are one of the only face-to-face services left where kids can
come with no appointment and get professional services from someone with
a master's degree who assigns no grades, makes no judgments. It's the
greatest democratic institution ever created." Patrick O'Brien

"Nobody graduated from a library. Nobody graduated without one."
Anonymous

"A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone." Jo
Godwin

"A library is also a place where love begins." Rudolfo Anaya

"When I read about the way in which library funds are being cut and cut,
I can only think that American society has found one more way to destroy
itself." (Isaac Asimov, from his autobiography I Asimov)

"What a school thinks about its library, is a measure of what it thinks
about education." Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education