I do almost the total opposite!  Whomever wanders in the door first gets
which ever books and how many books  they want . I do warn them that they
will have to share with their other team members.  When other team member
Jane appears I tell her "Suzy already took most of the books & she told me
she'd share with you.   I then send Suzy an e-mail telling her that Jane is
looking for the books and I cc Jane.

I do buy duplicate copies of the most popular books.  I know what's on the
curriculum and I have the world's most lopsided library collection.  I have
many books on worms & soil because it's a major unit as required by the
state and the district. I have almost no books on France or the War of the
Roses.  because they aren't taught in elementary school in Texas.   My
school has a very cooperative faculty and with one or two exceptions
everyone is good about sharing.

Life in the library is way to hectic for me to have to track of all the frog
books to ensure that each teacher gets an equal amount!
I figure that they are all adults and they can work out the sharing among
themselves.  Also, if I  hold back books I am just enabling those teachers
who dash in at 7:30 demanding all the frog books for a lesson that starts as
soon as the bell rings.

Guusje Moore
Librarian, Housman Elementary School
SBISD