Hi! I am writing a paper on the use of children's book review blogs by librarians
to select and purchase materials. If you can answer any of the below questions, I
would be grateful. Thanks!

What do you feel the pros and cons are of using children's book review blogs for
collection development?

What weight do you give good reviews from blogs when purchasing? Do you take into
account personal bias or that they are possibly paid reviewers?

Do you feel that review blogs are of benefit to school librarians who have limited
time and money and can usually only purchase the best of the best?

Can book review blogs be used for collection management? For example, if a school
librarian needs to update her insect books, can she easily find the information
about this subject or is it more of a hit and miss on each blog?

Do you have blogs that you use that not listed on Kidslitosphere?

How does the fact that bloggers use their judgement on what books to review and
whether they will give negative reviews affect their credibility? or usefullness?

Darla Schroeder
Lawrence Lawson Library Director
Sparta WI 54619

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu