Thought you might be interested in seeing the monthly calendars that we publish for
school librarians and classroom teachers. We publish an elementary (K-5) and
secondary (6-12) calendar. Educators may subscribe to receive these calendars as
direct emails or they may choose to download them from the web. If you find these
calendars helpful, please feel free to use them in your library and share them with
your teachers.

Go to http://scschoollibraries.pbworks.com and look for the link for Monthly
Reading Calendars. The August 2010 calendar is available and the September calendar
will be published before the end of August.

Martha

Martha Alewine
Office of eLearning
School Library Coordinator
Division of Standards and Support
SC Department of Education
100 Merrywood Rd.
Greenwood, SC 29646

864-229-4230 (voice)
864-941-5536 (fax)
malewine@ed.sc.gov
martha.alewine (Skype)
Open a book. Expand a mind. Enrich a life.(c)

This email is for informational purposes only and is not to be forwarded or shared
without the express written consent of the sender.
>>> "Dr. Michael Bell" <drmichaelbell@VIRTUALLRC.COM> 08/05/10 9:31 PM >>>
Dear LM_NET colleagues:

In the past I tried to offer my own library/classroom holiday calendar,
but I just did not have the resources to keep up with it.  So instead, I
have created a page on my Alphamarks site that shares a number of links
that should help most librarians and teachers be aware of special
holidays.  The url for this is :

http://virtuallrc.com/alphamarks/cgi-bin/ibview.pl?fld=Holidays+/+Awareness+Days&usr=generalities

"When you use it, please make sure that the URL is an unbroken string."

I hope this helps you as you begin a new academic year.

Sincerely,
Dr. Michael Bell
Former Chair, Texas Association of School Librarians
drmichaelbell@hotmail.com
Retired school and university librarian
webmaster at http://www.virtuallrc.com
webmaster at http://www.infotopia.info