Dear friends and colleagues,
Just out of interest, I though you all might be interested in a product
which is similar to Wonder Wheel, which is used in the Netherlands.

It looks as though the Wonder Wheel works in a similar way to AquaBrowser
Library (copyrighted) which is the search engine used by public libraries in
the Netherlands.  If you follow the following link - www.bibliotheek.nl -
you come to a large Dutch digital library.  As a test, type in "groene
stroom" (the Dutch equivalent to "green energy").    On the right hand side
you will receive a number of "hits" in different forms.  On the left, you
see the AquaBrouwser Library.  You can "click" on many different keywords
which relate to green energy.  The words in red are for possible spelling
mistakes or variations in spelling, green are translations into a different
language and black are possible related or associated keywords.

It is possible to tag the results by the relevance to your query (using the
different keywords).  Also, if you want to ask a question which you have
been unable to answer, click on "Stel een vraag?"  Type in a question.  I
typed in (in English): Who are the major suppliers of green energy in the
Netherlands?  You then come into a service called Al@din.  Your question
appears at the bottom.  You can revise the question if you want.  You then
"click" on "is mijn vraag al erder gesteld?" .  A list of questions which
have already been asked and are relevant to this subject come on the screen.
You can read the answers which were given.  If your question hasn't been
asked before, you can send it on to a public library librarian, who will
send an answer soon.  It is also possible to ask questions in English.

As I said, I am passing this information along, as I think it may be of
interest to all of you.  Do other countries have similar library facilities
(other than Wonder Wheel).  In Holland, children are sometimes taught to use
the AquaBrowser in library classes.

Kind regards,
Helen Boelens,
ENSIL Foundation (European Network for School Libraries and Information
Literacy)
Netherlands.
hboelens@ensli-online.org