There are web sites that do this.  I am sure someone send them to you,
or Google a state with book awards and you will find them. I have tow
deadlines and two meetings today.  If you don't get an answer by
Wednesday let me know and I will work on it.

Ray Barber

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:10 AM, LM_NET automatic digest system
<LISTSERV@listserv.syr.edu> wrote:

> Topics in this special issue:
>
>  1. Wonder wheel
>  2. HIT: circulating systems
>  3. Super Bowl & Oscars: Media Literacy opportunity
>  4. TAR:  Expository Nonfiction (elementary)
>  5. To Kill a Mocking Bird Read-a-Likes
>  6. State Award Winners

>  You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
>  by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
> To change your LM_NET status, you send a message to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu
> In the message write EITHER:
> 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET
> 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
> 3) SET LM_NET MAIL
> 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST
>
>  * LM_NET Help & Information: http://lmnet.wordpress.com/
>  * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://lm-net.info/join.html
>  * LM_NET Supporters: http://lmnet.wordpress.com/category/links/el-announce/

> Date:    Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:26:42 +0100
> From:    Helen Boelens <boelen1@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
> Subject: Re: Wonder wheel
>
> Dear friends and colleagues,
> Just out of interest, I though you all might be interested in a product
> which is similar to Wonder Wheel, which is used in the Netherlands.
>
> It looks as though the Wonder Wheel works in a similar way to AquaBrowser
> Library (copyrighted) which is the search engine used by public libraries in
> the Netherlands.  If you follow the following link - www.bibliotheek.nl -
> you come to a large Dutch digital library.  As a test, type in "groene
> stroom" (the Dutch equivalent to "green energy").    On the right hand side
> you will receive a number of "hits" in different forms.  On the left, you
> see the AquaBrouwser Library.  You can "click" on many different keywords
> which relate to green energy.  The words in red are for possible spelling
> mistakes or variations in spelling, green are translations into a different
> language and black are possible related or associated keywords.
>
> It is possible to tag the results by the relevance to your query (using the
> different keywords).  Also, if you want to ask a question which you have
> been unable to answer, click on "Stel een vraag?"  Type in a question.  I
> typed in (in English): Who are the major suppliers of green energy in the
> Netherlands?  You then come into a service called Al@din.  Your question
> appears at the bottom.  You can revise the question if you want.  You then
> "click" on "is mijn vraag al erder gesteld?" .  A list of questions which
> have already been asked and are relevant to this subject come on the screen.
> You can read the answers which were given.  If your question hasn't been
> asked before, you can send it on to a public library librarian, who will
> send an answer soon.  It is also possible to ask questions in English.
>
> As I said, I am passing this information along, as I think it may be of
> interest to all of you.  Do other countries have similar library facilities
> [...]

Raymond W. Barber
Editor,
Senior High School Core Collection
Special Consultant