From: Shonda Brisco <sbrisco@GMAIL.COM>
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Sent: Wed, February 3, 2010 12:48:30 PM
Subject: TARGET: Web 2.0 Meets the Standards--examples

I'm working on a presentation that will show how many Web 2.0 tools
can (and ARE) being used in the classrooms around the nation.  The
presentation will focus on how these tools are being implemented /
embedded into projects that directly correlate to instructional
standards (information literacy, NETS*S, state standards, etc.).

I would love to be able to share some "real-life" examples of how
librarians, teachers, technology educators, and others are using 2.0
tools with students in the classroom.  If you are using these tools
(wikis, blogs, nings, podcasting, mash-ups of any type) and would like
to share your examples (web links would be great for showcasing your
work), I'd love to be able to share them with the audience.

Please be sure to include the name of the instructor, the grade level
of the students, the subject being taught, the lesson's objective, and
the school's name / state---and any contact information for those who
might want to follow-up with questions about how this worked or what
it took to implement the project within your school district.

I've just created a wiki (http://www.ota-tech-trends.wikispaces.com)
and hope to have all of this added by Monday---the presentation is
Tuesday!!!!  You are welcome to visit the site for ideas, resources,
and other content as the wiki morphs into the 2.0 "justification
center" for using new technologies in the classroom.  I'll be adding
the specific standards that align to the various projects and I'm
hoping to divide the specific tool pages into sections based upon
subjects and / or grades (depending upon what is submitted).

I'll post a reminder "HIT" to the wiki on Wednesday (after the
presentation), if anyone is interested in learning how this "bright
idea" turned out!  *grin*

Thanks for your ideas.  I appreciate your help and your cooperation in sharing!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco
Assistant Professor / Curriculum Materials Librarian

http://okschoollibrarians.wikispaces.com
http://okschoollibrarians.ning.com/

"Digital Resources" columnist
School Library Journal

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money
will get you through times of no libraries." ~ Library Poster