Dear Resourcerii,

Here's a repeat of my yearly Valentine's gift to all my friends here:

Just a reminder that Valentine's Day is coming, and it's time to start

your version of the Literary Lovers contest, if you run one.  I just

wrote out twenty couples' names on red hearts that I'm taping all around

my circ desk:

Heathcliff and Cathy (Wuthering Heights/Bronte)

Estella and Pip   (Great Expectations/Dickens)

Becky and Tom  (Tom Sawyer/Twain)

Roxanne and Cyrano (Cyrano de Bergerac/Rostand)

Quasimodo and Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame/Hugo)

Scarlett and Rhett (Gone With the Wind/Mitchell)

Lara and Yuri (Dr. Zhivago/Pasternak)

Cosette and Marius (Les Miserables/Hugo)

Hester and Dimmesdale (Scarlet Letter/Hawthorne)

Juana and Kino (The Pearl/Steinbeck)

Wang Lung and Olan (Good Earth/Buck)

Antigone and Haemon (Antigone/Sophocles)

Odysseus and Penelope (The Odyssey/Homer)

Rochester and Jane (Jane Eyre/Bronte)

Equality 7-2521 and Liberty 5-3000  (Anthem/Ayn Rand)

Daisy and Jay (The Great Gatsby/Fitzgerald)

Winston and Julia (1984/Orwell)

Mercedes and Edmond (Count of Monte Cristo/Dumas)

Mattie and Ethan (Ethan Frome/Wharton)

Elizabeth and Darcy (Pride and Prejudice/Austen)

 Kids have to come up with titles and authors, based on the couples I

give them.  If I don't get a lot of entries, I might make it a bit

easier by putting out the books so kids can browse them, and then it

becomes more of a matching exercise. Everyone who submits an entry gets

a heart-shaped chocolate.  I bought three heart-shaped boxes of

chocolates that I put on display, and will choose first, second and

third-place winners on February 14.

     If anybody wants my entry form, send me an email and I will send it

as an attachment.  I just LOVE LM-Net, so this is my Valentine to you

all!  Happy Valentine's Day!

       Bonnie

||                    Bonnie.Fulmer@spackenkillschools.org  ||