For those of you in the San Diego area, please consider attending the reception for
the AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books.  The award celebrates
outstanding science writing and illustration for children and young adults.

Winning authors who will be  present:
The winner in the Children’s Science Picture Book category is Living Sunlight:
How Plants Bring the Earth to Life by Molly Bang and Penny Chisholm.
Our winner in the Middle Grades Science Book category is The Frog Scientist by
Pamela Turner, with photographs by Andy Comins.
The winner in the Young Adult category is The Invisible Kingdom by Idan Ben-Barak.
This book is a funny, brainy look in to the world of microbes.

We are also honoring Mr. Robert Gardner with the AAAS/Subaru SB&F Lifetime
Achievement Award. Over his nearly 40 year writing career Mr. Gardner has written
over 130 hands-on science books for children and young adults.

Terry Young
Chairperson
bestman at att net

AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books Awards Ceremony and Cocktail
Reception
WHEN: Saturday, February 20, 2010, 5:00-6:30 pm
WHERE: San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina Del Mar Room, 333West Harbor Dr., San Diego