From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of kaTe
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 11:51 AM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [LM_NET] Gen: Activate comes before Advocate

I don't see one part as more or less important than the other part.  Work should be
happening on both ends.

And I think it is okay to ask of people and organizations what they are doing when
many are paying fees to belong to the organization.  Many of us do not have the
connections or pull of larger organizations to be able to get things noticed and
done.  Nor do we have the time since we have full time jobs of our own.  But when
your full time job IS to be a part of a bigger organization which is supposed to be
supporting its membership, then those paying the salaries and dues of the
organization are well within their rights to ask, "What have you done for me
lately?"

Kate :)

Kate Gallion
"A school without a librarian is like a library without any books."

School Librarian ~ Teacher
TUSD Alternative Education
Project MORE H.S.
440 S. Park