My original request:
>oes anyone know of a distance learning/online PhD program in Library
>Science?  Or even a part-time distance program?  I have searched but have
>not turned up anything.

I received many more requests for hits than I did possible schools.  Listed below
is what I did receive. It certainly appears as though there is much interest in a
program such as this!

******
You can try Clarion University of Pennsylvania--I did my Master's online and
I remember that they did offer
PhD as well back then.  Good Luck:
www.clarion.edu
(note - I did not find an online PhD program in LS after searching this site)

*****
 I found walden university offers an online Educational doctorate btw.
http://www.waldenu.edu/Degree-Programs/Doctorate/EdD-in-Education.htm

*****
Hi Angela,
We offer all our courses online.

http://www.scss.ecu.edu.au/future/information-science.php

*****
Are you looking for a programme in the USA?  I know there is a very good
internationally accredited programme at Charles Sturt University, in Wagga
Wagga, Australia.  http://www.csu.edu.au/study/postgraduate/

I understand that all the postgraduate programmes at this university are via
E-learning.

*****
University of Missouri has a program that includes online courses in Info Science
and Learning Technologies, an interdisciplinary program.
(note - when I looked into this program, I noticed that they do require a residency
period of a year)

*****
http://www.gradschools.com/Subject/Educational-Instructional-Media-and-Technology/114.html

You might look at this site and do some poking around to locate programs as well.

Angela O'Kane
Librarian
Pioneer Ridge Middle School
okanea@usd231.com