Here’s my initial inquiry:

Good Morning Great Brain!

I have a question for those of you who have used an animoto.com educator's
account before--I have a teacher who has created an educator's account, but
is not sure how to sign her kids up from there. Does she sign her students
up under her account? How many students can be signed up with an educator's
account?

Thanks for your help!

Jessica Wismar

Bethel High School

Bethel, CT

wismarj@gmail.com

It looks like you can handle this one of two ways. First, you can distribute
the teacher’s animoto promotion code to the students and have them sign up
using their own email addresses and including that promotion code. Second
option, you can create “dummy accounts” for students that allow them access
to animoto.

Here are the responses I received (I also received help directly from
Animoto.com):

“She should follow the link in the email she gets with the code.  That link
gives great directions.  Students create there own accounts using the code
but there is a time limit (about 2 weeks) to have them sign up.  Once they
have created their account it is good for 6 months.”

“when she gets confirmation, they'll send her a code that's used for the
student side of animoto  : )”

“A librarian in our district said that he just had all students use the
teacher's login, and they all had access at the same time.  Have not tried
it myself yet, but will soon.”

“When she received the email about her account, they gave her a code that
the students use to set up their own account. The code only lasts for about
60 days so she needs to get the students signed up asap.”

“Your teacher uses her classroom code and “dummy” emails set up from her
email—if she is using a gmail address for her Animoto.  (It’s easy to create
a new gmail account and then change the Animoto account to the new
email)  Dummy
emails are the same as the teacher’s but with an added +1, +2, etc.  Like
this:  if teacher’s email is BHSstudents@gmail.com, then dummy accounts are
BHSstudents+1@gmail.com <BHSstudents%2B1@gmail.com>,
BHSstudents+2@gmail.com<BHSstudents%2B2@gmail.com>,
etc.  This way all student created Animotos are delivered to the teacher’s
account, and there is no need for students to use an external email account.
(At out middle school, we have issues with students not having external
email, so this is the system we use—handy to have all student work feed to
one place!).  On the Animoto for education there is a PDF doc that can be
copied for students (with classroom code inserted) that explains how to get
into Animoto.”