Hello Collective Brain!

Wow—today was insane!  Thank you to EVERYONE who has emailed me with
thoughts about the new file sharing folders that have been set up in the
“booktrailers4all” account, which can be reached by clicking here and
looking in the “My Shared Folders” files:
http://www.4shared.com/u/vgpvszst/15eb7f4e/Teresa_Schauer.html?sId=iuGsqhfFJ7f6eMqG

The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and there have literally been
HUNDREDS of downloads completed today alone. (Some videos have been
downloaded more than 40 times already—in less than 24 hours!)  I think we
may have found a solution that is workable for many.

I am thinking that for now, this sharing site is going to be an *extension
of* the “Book Trailers for All” group that already exists on Teacher Tube.  I
have been (as have a lot of you) frustrated with the fact that TT just isn’t
very user-friendly with regard to downloading and embedding.  I have heard
that www.schooltube.com has an interface that is much easier to use, but
since we already have more than 1,300 members and 58 trailers in the TT
group, (three more trailers were added today!)  I didn’t want to have to
reinvent the wheel. Also, Teacher Tube is still the most accessible site,
with regard to filters, so I want to keep the trailers there.  So, what I’ve
decided is this:  I am going to maintain BOTH sites—the Teacher Tube group
will remain and it will have the same trailers in it that the
“booktrailers4all” account has in its files.

So, what this means is:  *If you would like for your trailers to be added to
the folders on the sharing site, you will need to upload them to the Teacher
Tube group first.*  Once they are there, I will convert them to mp4 files
and add them to the “booktrailers4all” files on 4shared.  I have attached
two documents to this email, which will help with uploading and sharing on
TT.

Someone asked why I’m converting them to mp4 files rather than mp3.  The
reason for this is that iTunes reads mp4, but not mp3.  iTunes is what a lot
of people are using to run playlists of trailers in continuous loops on TVs
or monitors in their libraries. (Hopefully later this week I will be adding
directions for using iTunes for looping trailers, to the “Documents” folder
that is located on the “booktrailers4all” 4shared site.)

If you are not able to get to the 4share site at school, due to filters, my
first suggestion is to ask your tech people to unblock the site—seven people
emailed me today letting me know they got this done.

Even if you can’t get on the site at school, I highly encourage you to open
it at home.  Downloading the files is so simple—you could get a bunch
downloading to a flash drive while you go about your life at home—that way
you could just use the flash drive to get the trailers wherever it is you
many need them to be.

I hope to eventually have all kinds of tips and directions for book trailers
on this site.  For now, though, it is what it is—and it’s pretty cool, to
tell you the truth!  J

Blessings,

TLS
--