Hi, Susan et al.
The best source for name authorities is the Library of Congress Authorities.
It would be great if everybody bookmarked the site: <
http://authorities.loc.gov/>
Here is their reference for Lynne Reid Banks:
<
http://authorities.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?AuthRecID=505389&v1=1&HC=1&SEQ=20100225105442&PID=q4NTYquAAJf9xmPBM1Y_8v_6UD3h

They give Banks as her last name.
Tom Kaun

Thomas T. Kaun, Teacher Librarian
Bessie Chin Library @ Redwood High School
395 Doherty Drive, Larkspur, CA 94939
tomkaun@gmail.com | Library Web site: http://rhslibrary.org | Twitter:
besschinlibrary
President: CSLA - NS
All California students need strong school libraries.

Information doesn’t deserve to be free. It is an abstract tool; a useful
fantasy, a nothing. It is nonexistent until and unless a person experiences
it in a useful way. --Jaron Lanier