Hello All,
Risking blatant self-promotion, I’d like to recommend my book – Library
Partnerships: Making Connections Between School and Public Libraries. I think that
as a school librarian, we often don’t have a chance to interact as much with other
librarians, and sometimes forget that in most communities, we have other librarians
who would love to work with us at the public library.

I have just started working in a fabulous middle school this year, my first as a
school librarian, after working as a teen librarian for over eight years in a
public library. I know that even working with other librarians in the public
library I often felt isolated because no one else read book for and dealt with
teens in the public library. I loved working with the school librarians and
teachers whose job it was to also engage and inspire teens on a regular basis.

My book gives all kinds of practical advice for creating and nurturing the
relationships between school and public librarians.

The following link is to an interview I did with Amy Pelman on the YALSA blog if
you are interested in more information as well as a link to a review my book on the
ALSC blog.

http://yalsa.ala.org/blog/2009/12/02/as-far-as-im-concerned-there-is-never-enough-pep-talk-about-partnerships/

http://www.alsc.ala.org/blog/?p=802

Good luck with your search!

Tasha

Tasha Squires
School Librarian
O'Neill Middle School
Downers Grove, IL

Library Partnerships: Making Connections Between School and Public Libraries, 2009
tasquires@lisjobs.com