Favorite 2009 Books

Year Of The Flood by Margaret Atwood--apocalyptic fiction
Shooting Star by Frederick McKissack--sports fiction
Ecological Intelligence: How Knowing The Hidden Impacts Of What We Buy
Can Change
    Everything by Daniel Goleman
Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell--1930s Canadian West
The Devil's Paintbox by Victoria McKernan--YA historical West
The Yard Dog: A Mystery by Sheldon Russell--WW II historical mystery
Shop Class As Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into The Value Of Work by Mathew
B. Crawford--philosophy
      of actually making things
Twisted Tree by Kent Myers--contemporary rural Western murder mystery
Undiscovered Country: A Novel by Lin Unger--contemporary YA Hamlet
Lamentation (Psalms Of Isaak series #1) by Ken Scholes--fantasy
The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, And The Greatest
Treasure Hunt In History
    by Robert M. Edsel
Boneshaker by Cherie Preist--19th century "steampunk" fantasy
Makers by Cory Doctorow--dystopia/post-apocalyptic fiction--good
encore after his 2008 Little
    Brother--YA popular
Pythagoras' Revenge: A Mathematical Mystery by Arturo Sangalli--
mystery/adventure cerebral fiction
Far North: A Novel by Marcel Theroux--comparable to McCarthy's The
Road but more traditional
    and easier page turner

Bob Hicks, Librarian
Arkansas City High School Library