First, let me state firmly that Jeffrey Bezos, founder of Amazon, has NEVER served
on the Google Board of Directors.

I claimed otherwise in a previous post where I said that I had "read something
interesting in the book, Googled: The End of the World as We Know It. Did you know
that the founder of Amazon is on the board of directors at Google?
"

The founder of Amazon (Jeff Bezos) was NEVER on the Google board of directors at
any point.

My post was totally incorrect. I had misread what the book said.

I re-read the information in the book this morning and found that what it says is
that it was that Ram Shriram, the initial investor in Amazon, who is on the board
of directors at Google then and now.

I was confused when I read that Shriram arranged a meeting between Amazon founder
Jeffrey Bezos and Google greats, Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Because of this
meeting Jeffrey Bezos became the "secret fourth investor" in Google. The book the
goes on to clearly state that it was Shriram (not Bezos) who was asked to 'join
Page and Brin as one of three Google directors, a seat he [Shriram] continues to
hold on a board that now consists of ten members"

It was totally an error on my part that I misread the book and did not re-check the
information before posting it. I can only hope that everyone who read my original
message will see this correction and know that I unwittingly but carelessly posted
a completely false statement.

To sum up, Jeffrey Bezos, the founder of Amazon was not at any time on the board of
directors at Google.

Many thanks to Gary Price who not only corrected my error, but also did extensive
research on the claim before sending me the correction. I should be so careful!

Please do accept my apologies.

Deb Waugh
Librarian
Graham High School