Three awesome librarians were able to quickly answer my question.

Thanks

The Serendipity Tales Series by Stephen Cosgrove

--- On Wed, 7/7/10, Sharon Bradley <oylib@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

From: Sharon Bradley <oylib@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Do you know this series?
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 3:04 PM

Hi,

I had a patron at my public library ask me about a series that her two children
ages 31-35 enjoyed in the early 1980's that was a fictional paperback animal series
that had a good moral to the story. This is all that the mother remembers but she
really wants to find the titles to try to buy them again since she loved reading
them to her kids 30 years ago.

I'm thinking it was maybe a Scholastic or Troll book order book from the early
1980s but I don't know how I would look up something like that and these are
probably books that most libraries did not buy.

Sharon

Sharon Bradley, Teacher Librarian
Old York Library
Branchburg, NJ