Greetings to you all.  As you are luxuriating in your summer vacation,  I
am off to school today.  We are on a year round calendar of sorts and
students start next week after a very short  6 week break.
A colleague and I are going to expand our Read Across America program this
year and we are challenging the second and third grade students to read a
fixed  number of books (to be determined at a later date) that are set in a
state.  For example, they might have to read 5 books from a state book list
that we have generated.  What we would love to have from you are picture
postcards from your state that depict something that captures the "flavor" of
 your state.  Famous landmarks would be great  but we are also looking  for
those lesser known places in your state.  Please send the  postcards  to me
at the address below.  I will post pictures on our  web site at a later
date so you can see what we accomplished.

TIA...and Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Ruie  Chehak,
Sallie Jones Elementary School
1230 Narranja Street
Punta  Gorda, FL 33950