Received this inquiry from a kindergarten teacher:

I was wondering if one of you might know the answer to a question one of
my little darlings asked today regarding Dr. Seuss.  He is a bright
little boy and can not remember the name of the Dr. Seuss book that was
banned because it was about some bad stuff.  It had something to do with
whores...he said.

The only one I know of that was controversial was "The Butter Battle
Book" but I don't think it was about whores.   It was about a
disagreement between Russia and the US about buttering bread on the top
or bottom, I think.  Anyway, I tried to search on Google but didn't find
one about whores.  Can you help me?  I'm not sure why he wants to know
or what I'll tell him but he is very knowledgeable about books.  He knew
about "The Butter Battle Book".  That's the one I tried to pass off as
being maybe bad. Didn't work....

I did an internet search and saw two titles that had been
challenged/banned:  The Lorax and What I am Going to do Next Saturday.
Nothing mentioned the controversy the boy shared with her.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Becky Mosbacher
Librarian/Teacher
Hellgate Middle School
2385 Flynn Lane
Missoula, MT  59808
bmosbacher@hellgate.k12.mt.us
406-721-2452

Currently reading:  The Help by Kathryn Stockett