O wise and experienced ones!
  My health department is preparing a unit on teen suicide with all the attendant
causes, symptoms, effects, etc.  They would like to include a research project and
brochure on Peacemakers, ie,people who work to end violence and abuse.  We agreed
that Nobel Peace Prize Winners would not be relevant in most cases.  Rather we are
looking for people World Wide who work with orphans of war, children with HIV,
groups that rescue "sold" children from prostitution, people who provide shelters
for abused women and children, those who do gang intervention - that sort of thing.
 I have some ideas (Mortenson, of course), but would much appreciate some
suggestions.  The problem really is that they need to be well enough known to have
a presence on the internet, or through Gale. YOur help and suggestions would be
much appreciated.

Linda S. Wilson, Library/Teacher
McKay High School
2440 Lancaster Dr. NE
Salem, Oregon 97305
wilson_linda@salkeiz.k12.or.us

"Knowledge is of two kinds.  We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can
find information upon it." Samuel Johnson