This is from Lisa Layera – one of the 3 moms from Spokane who is fighting
tirelessly for teacher-librarians and library information and technology programs
–

What if we had 80,000 people respond to the White House with this message?

Mike

p.s. – here’s what I posted on the Whitehouse Facebook wall:
http://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse?v=wall

A 21st Century education MUST ensure that students are effective users and
producers of ideas and information.

This is the mission of the library information and technology field.
How to achieve this? Through information and technology skills instruction –
learned as a process, integrated into all subjects, and coordinated by certified
teacher-librarians.

21st century library information & technology programs for 21st century learning.

Mike Eisenberg
Professor and Dean Emeritus
The Information School
University of Washington