Did not receive very many responses on this, but there are some good ones
here! Thanks for your help - I'm sure as more of you see the  movie you will
have some good ideas - would love to have you post those!

BTW, what we did end up doing for ours was to make a large "mirror" out of
mylar - My student library aide circled it with star garlands and then we
copied the covers of the books listed on the YALSA listserv and she tacked
them to the mirror.  It's not very fancy, but it has gotten kids to talk
about the books and seek them out on the shelves.

BTW2: Going Bovine is absolutely AWESOME!!!   I am hoping we can do a
reading group on that one in our book club!

Elizabeth Fox, IB Research and Curriculum Assistant
Newport High School, Newport, OR
keokuk@casco.net (pm)
Liz.fox@lincoln.k12.or.us (schooldays only)
http://ta.gd/nhsmedia

------------------------
Liz,

Here's a link to an Alice list compiled by a member of the YALSA listserv
(at least I think that's where I got it from!):

http://www.22books.com/lists/show/1357/If+You+Liked+Alice+in+Wonderland
--------------------------

I did visit Barnes and Noble and they have lots of related materials
available. Of course it is commercialized to death but I bought a very
gothic looking updated copy and it flew off the shelf as soon as I put
it out.
Libba Bray's Going Bovine (Printz award) has a similar theme...but he's
trying to save the human population (and his own life) in his journey
through the alternate world.
How about Alice in Wonderland in pop culture?  You could use a cover of the
old Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit", the Disney movie, print out
various covers, anime versions, etc.