Hey Marian,

You can also write to "N Willard." She does not bite - and she does respond to
messages from her favorite folks in schools - librarians. ;)

I have a 2 hour video presentation available on my site especially for safe school
personnel related to cyberbullying. This has a 30 page handout, including
recommendations for how to investigate and respond to incidents. I also address the
legal issues related to responding to off-campus student speech.

This is the language I recommend for adding cyberbullying to a bullying policy:

... bullying that takes place on or immediately adjacent to school grounds, at any
school-sponsored activity, on school-provided transportation or at any official
school bus stop, through the use of the district Internet system while on or
off-campus, through the use of a personal digital device on campus, or off-campus
activities that cause or threaten to cause a substantial disruption at school or
school activities.

“Substantial disruption” means:
Significant interference with instructional activities, school activities, or
school operations.
Physical or verbal violent altercations between students.
A hostile environment for any student that impairs that student’s ability to
participate in educational programs or school activities.

Nancy

--
Nancy Willard, M.S., J.D.
http://csriu.org